Sunday, October 7, 2007

Breaking up suuuuuuuuuuuucks

Well, clearly I haven't been posting on here for a while. And maybe not so clearly, it's out of embarrassment.

I'm single, right? I should have a sweet life right now and be partying and bettering myself and all that shit right?

So why am I, instead, depressed? I'm like that dude from Swingers in the beginning of the movie. Except less angry. And hopefully better looking.

I'll freely admit that I've thought A LOT about getting back together with her. Not to the point of acting upon it. But its definitely crossed my mind. The girl who it took me like 2 years to break up with. Who all my friends think is crazy. And for whom I had a million reasons why we shouldn't be together.

One thing I'm realizing with all this is the power of photos. Photos are like this amazing memory-eraser. I look back at all the photos of Angela and I, which unfortunately comprise pretty much my entire collection of photos for the past 3 years, and we look awesome. Our life looks awesome. We look happy. And when I look at these photos, the good times are all I can remember.

Anyway, I guess there's nothing new here. It's the classic post-breakup from so many Hollywood films. But for me this is the first time its really sucked this bad.

From now on I'm keeping my old break up tactic. Tried and true:

Leave the country.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Let me remind you how Swingers turned out. That sappy love sick dude got over the ex-girlfriend and ended up with Heather Graham. Plus they played video games, ate pizza and went to Vegas. That sounds like a pretty good time.

Adam said...

... and let me also remind you that leaving the country last time DIDN'T work. =)

Yeah, swinger's had a "happy ending," but you know vince vaugn is the real man in that... just saying.

rolling out with a QUALITY girl tonight! it begins...

Protagonist said...

Thanks Johnny. That DOES sound like a good time.