Tuesday, October 2, 2007

What Prof's Been Up To

Hey all-

There have been three major events in prof's life in the last three or so weeks.

1) My wonderful laptop finally refused to work. At all. Like I need to find someone on Craig's list to get the stuff off my hard drive broken. This has been a large impediment to my c3 posting, among other things. But now I'm rocking the Apple thing and life is better than ever.

2) I've decided to leave my job. Soon. Although the details still need to be worked out (as in, I don't have another job lined up), and I am eager to spend some time in my metropolis without THIS job, and eager to move back to the West coast to join my family and friends. You know who you are (sorry Maverick).

3) My on-and-off girlfriend of the last year and a half cheated on me. And I found out because of a picture posted on the internet.

I'll let that sink in.

Just want to send a shout out to my friends and siblings (not that they will EVER read this =) for being there for me, etc. It's weird; when I broke up with her (the day I found out), I just kept repeating: "It's so low-class." I didn't mean it in an economic way at all--it was just incredibly lacking in integrity, decency, and all that good stuff. And I'm thankful for everyone in my life that is not like that--my high-class friends and family. And I hope I spend the rest of my life setting an example and spreading the *true* high-class life. A buddy of mine has a facebook quotation that says something like, "i've seen beauty and we shouldn't settle for less."

And I guess that's the good coming out of this. It's a re-evaluation, with my job, of the good and beautiful and true and what it means to me.

Which doesn't mean I'm above getting drunk and funky, plow some shit tests and rock it in the bedroom (or kitchen, or street, or whatever.) But it does mean that I'll do it to my standards.

Alright all. Other posts await.

PROF

2 comments:

Jon said...

That girl's like school on Sunday. No Class.

Protagonist said...

Wow man, sorry to hear that.

But I'm super stoked that you're coming out west!

Between surfing, our band, chillin, and of course all the AMAZING women we're going to meet, this could be the best thing that ever happened to you.