Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween... sucks?

Man, a lot of negative posts lately. Maybe it's because I'm re-trapped in paradise?

I went out tonight for halloween weekend with some friends. All of whom are in couples. Literally 4 couples and me. I don't mean to be so lame but launching from that is, well, difficult.

Everyone's like "Let's go dance!". And instantly, it's a bunch of twosomes dancing together.

Swiftly the night ends with people wanting to go home, to their comfy lived-in apartments where I'm sure they'll (in some cases, anyway) have sex and fall asleep. Or maybe not. Maybe at that point sex is saved for the early nights.

Either way it both makes me want to be in a relationship, any relationship AND be sooooooooo glad I'm single at the same time. What's the deal with that? Where are the women of quality, of class?

Certainly not here. Or at least not out at "Wildcat" on saturday night.

At some point during the night I essentially gave up and just kind of stood by a go-go dancer watching everything. Immediately I had a group of cat girls sidling up to me. I suppose that was an oppurtunity, but again there's some quality that's missing. An elegance, or, I dunno.

Anyway, standing by myself seemed by far the best move. Besides the cat girls, I had nurses taking my picture, school girls rubbing past closer than necessary...

But I still couldn't bring myself to make a move. I don't even know if I wanted to. The possible rejection would be devastating. Though it seems like it doesn't have to be.

I hope that someday flying absolutely solo I'll have as much confidence as the pimpinest playa. But for now, I'm not there.

I need a crew. A crew that is not couples who make me feel wistful. Where are all the good-time singles? Where's the 80s?

I need a crew of guys/girls who are ready for anything. Who, after I've been horribly shot down by a beautiful woman, will make fun of her with me. And who will not let me settle for anything less than an 8.

Maybe I'm not there yet, but I'm just about ready. Ready for action, ready for a better life. Ready to be single for the first time in, I dunno, 7 years.

I hope you guys are in the city in two months. Because then it is ON (like donkey kong).

2 comments:

Prof said...

No way. Halloween is the time when every girl gets to dress as slutty as she WANTS to dress without having to worry about being judged...

it's one of those nights when everyone expects it to be "wild"... when people allow themselves to do things that they can't allow themselves to do every night or be party of their "majority" personality, etc.

for both girls and guys, that means liberation. you know?

random thoughts. but yeah i showed up to a house party that i didn't know anyone, without a costume, and felt totally out of it. didn't stop three semi-hot girls dressed as nurses/etc. to start harassing me. yes i was wearing my TRACK SUIT JACKET. Word.

but afterwards, ended up at a bar where a MAJOR DOUCHEBAG BATTLE commenced. It was actually a two front war - i had to tap my allies to go to war with me... no blood was shed (luckily for the 'bags.)

i took the girl home, needless to say.

headed over there now, actually =). This is better than breakups for sure.

PROF

Prof said...

Just realized that comment was not exactly helpful. Here's something better:

The good guys at pu are in like the 99%tile of happiness. Period. End of story. Their positivity comes through in their writing, their actions, etc. Honestly, they sound totally psychotic sometimes. I mean it's not normal!

But you get the point. Haters come and go - "brush off the haters." They say things like "didn't even let it enter my reality" or "i'm a force of nature." and they all mimic tyler durden's (the pua) bizarre way of speaking. Like. This.

But aside from that, that's what all of them have in common --even juggler. He just uses humor (sometimes self-deprecating) instead of psychotic levels of self-confidence to guide his reality and cut out the haters.

But either way, that's how its done. No "limiting beliefs," and all that. There are limitations, but they just don't believe in them... they sort of unconsciously adjust for them and consciously just totally believe in themselves. Sort of like creationists. Not completely healthy, i know.

We WILL rock it in SF. but no need to wait until then. got a great post to put up too... no time grab now though!

peace. bro. see you on the slopes?

prof